First Year/Sophomore Years
- Choose a major that is challenging and emphasizes critical thinking and writing skills.
- Consider adding the LPP Minor or Law & Society Concentration.
- Attend a Prelaw information session (offered every fall & spring).
- Considering joining the Prelaw Society and/or Mock Trial clubs.
- Request and meet with a Prelaw Advisor.
- Request letters of recommendation.
- Research prospective law schools and application deadlines.
- Plan and study for the LSAT.
- Take the LSAT (usually during the summer following the junior year).
Fall of Senior Year
- Retake the LSAT if necessary.
- Finalize application packet.
- Apply to law school.
- The Law School Admission Council (LSAC) is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to advance law and justice by encouraging diverse, talented individuals to study law and by supporting their enrollment and learning journeys from prelaw through practice. LSAC provides products and services that support candidates and schools throughout the law school admission process, and innovative solutions to expand and diversify the range of prelaw students, enhance student outcomes in law school, and support legal professionals throughout their careers.
Spring Senior Year
- Receive admissions and scholarship offers.
- Choose a law school and submit a seat deposit.