Prelaw Advisors at The College of New Jersey
The single best resource you have available to you are the Prelaw Advisors at The College of New Jersey. Students (whether incoming or already on campus) are encouraged to consult with a Prelaw Advisor at their earliest opportunity — before they declare a major and even before they select courses for their first term on campus. Each member has special insights into the law school application process. And several members, being lawyers, have additional information they can share about being in law school and, later, in law practice.
The names, departments, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the Prelaw Advisors appear to the right. Be sure to contact these faculty members, as they can help to guide you though the process of successfully getting into law school.
Print Resources Available in the Prelaw Advisory Office (located in Bliss 101)
- Barron’s How To Prepare for the LSAT
- The Official Guide to U.S. Law Schools (various editions)
- The NAPLA/SAPLA Book of Law School Lists (various editions)
- Official LSAT Prep Tests (various tests and collections of tests)
- Princeton Review’s Best 117 Law Schools
- The Ultimate Guide to Law School Admission by Carol Wright
- Get into Law School by Ruth Lammert-Reeves
- A Woman’s Guide to Law School by Linda Hirschman
- Thinking About Law School: A Minority Guide
- The Princeton Review Law School Companion
- Out and In: Information for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered Law School Applicants
Resources Available in the Library
- Check with library personnel for the latest resources on law school admissions, as we have holdings in:
- general circulation,
- the media center, and
- the reference department.
Resource Webpages and Links